Thursday, September 24, 2009

Too many days, I've been afraid of love, love, love, love, love


I was lying on my floor today
felling the rough
hardwood
on my back and bare shoulders.
You are the celing above me.
You are the vent near my head.
I am an area rug
with eyes.
I am a lump a bump a
girl who won't jump
and it's raining cats and dogs
right outside my window
as this hump this bump
rolls to examine
a scratchy bit of the floor.
It's August, can't you come out to play?
I promise to be good,
promise to be-
bump
We could stay in the shade-
Lump
We could not saying anything at all
We could be as silent as
the shade
As the rug, as the celing.



 IT IS NEVER TOO LATE
TO BE WHAT YOU
MIGHT HAVE
BEEN
- George Elliot




When a heart breaks, it is not a sudden, defined, SNAP; a clean break into two neat pieces.
No.
It's a gradual flaking and chipping.
And some flakes get lost.
And some are never found, so that when you try to put it all  together again, and start anew, there will always
always
be a little something, off,
everytime.



Susan Minot

"I wanted a life beside him,
he handed me my coat"

"I could eat tin, I'm so
hungry and light.
Could eat these words
I write"


Simply, you make this all
simple.
So I can lay my weapons
at your feet.

Which you stare at
but do not see
for the dance they
could be.

Would I that I could
hide them under my bed.
My sarcasm, my coldness,
My realism, my sexuality
my need for
definition.
My need to always know
who what why when
more.



I am as a part of you
as your pinky nail
and as forgotten.
as easily misplaced.
you trim me
maintain me
neglect me
then cut me down again
when i get too long
and large and
in the way




0 comments: