Saturday, September 20, 2008

As I promised

I told Tomasz that I would listen to
burning bright by shinedown
while i write today.
Let's see where it takes me today.

I'm tired from 6 hours of work.

I might be pulling an all night for homework tonight, I'm not looking forward to it.

And I would rather reveal myself than my situation

I pretend to close my eyes.
I pretend I'm burning- burning bright.

I wonder if depression is contagious?
It seems to be.
I can't count on my hands how many people I know who are dealing with it or have. I can't even honestly say I haven't been there myself or aren't there on occasion.

I know I crossed the line

Maybe I was wrong to say goodbye.
But whether I was or I wasn't,
it was right for me at the time
And I am going to stick with it.

There's nothing ever wrong
but nothing's ever right

Oh lord I hate the neutrality.
God. I hate when decisions aren't made
or when things aren't moving.
I need to feel like things are moving forward to feel good about things.

Now and then I consider my, hesitation

Now for a person who hates neutrality I sure am slow
to make a decision.
Seriously,
I'm so afraid of making the wrong choice with anything.
And as soon as I make one,
I back track and take it back.
I can't even decide on an opinion sometimes.

I feel like there is no need for conversation.

3 comments:

erin meagan said...

i love the way you write.

Anonymous said...

"stick to your choice. at least for now."

beverley said...

I am the same way too. I am a perfectionist when it comes to decision making and planning things.