Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is there anybody in there?

Carried my heart unbuttoned
across the lonely stage.
Where all the fools and actors
Circle like birds of prey.

Careful with the rose,
she knows every word in every scene.
Oh please, Be good
To me.

I let the liar have me,
the forger and the cheat,
Love is the legal tender
they try to steal from me.

Tell how you lose
What you wanna give away for free
Oh please, be good
to me.

It really is no secret that I've been in some crappy relationships
& non-relationships for that matter.
It's really no surprise to anyone when they see me break down
when they know what's going on.
& I don't break down often.
I'm the strong one.
I'm the tough one.
Let me tell you something,
he took nothing from me.
He took nothing I wasn't willing to give.
& that means that he isn't a bad person.
It means that I've been stupid again.

& Let me tell you something else,
when I walked away,
It was the best feeling of my life.
Other people saw it.
Said I seem lighter now.
& it's true.

So I don't see why people are still making this into a big thing.
"You two were perfect. Why did you do this?"
"How could you do something like that?"
"Blah blah blah blah blahidontgiveafuck"
Look.
it's my prerogative
So chill.

It's hard on me as it is.
Don't keep on reminding me and bringing it up.



So that leads me, as always
to right now.

With twos fools and a coward.
Sound about right to you?

I'm one and a half of the fool.
Because I try to run away from this when I don't want to.
Because even though I'm running, I want nothing more than to be caught.
Omigod omigod you guys.

As Emma once said,
"You two are quite skilled. I've got to say. Avoidance techniques, perfect"

She's got it bang on.

I'm the fool.
He's the coward.
I'm the fool for letting him be.

I suppose I'll just slow myself down and see where today takes me.

1 comments:

beverley said...

It's good that it's all over, and you can move on.