Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Future; Why I don't sleep; A simple request

My mind is on the future today
maybe my present would be better
have more purpose
if i knew what i want.
How do I choose?
Between two loves
two passions
two parts of myself?
How can I?
If only I could find new melodies
inside myself.
If only I found a sign.
Any sign.
An arrow
pointing me in the right direction.
Today
the future makes me afraid.
Because of how near it is.
& how uncertain
everything is.
Where am I going?

Sleep is for the weak
night time brings to those who sleep
only dreams they cannot keep.
& though the heavens
seem so far
the stars from there
all set alight
the hopes that only
show in the night.

I'd rather never sleep
than miss seeing my dreams
and all my wishes
come to life before my eyes
in a crazed, half sleep dream
that I can control.

Dearest Duckie,
this thought is for you
Will you promise me something?
Just, that you won't ever forget me.
I couldn't if I tryed.
I don't want to try.
Don't forget me.
Don't forget what this meant to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww dearest. i wish i could cheer you up forever. send me your sorrow and i'll send you a smile. i'll send it in bows, and keep yours for a while. that you no longer wonder, why the tears come at night, that you may be happy, and no longer fight. smile!

beverley said...

the first one is exactly my situation. How do I choose from three things I am so passionate for?