Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sing; Without a tune

Well I've got all the courage
I'll ever need.
I wax poetics on my enemies.
The century is raging,
but,
so are we.
No matter what
you know we've got a
symphony.



I miss my friend.
I hope he comes home soon.
I hope he finds his way back to me.
Because he's gone.
He left me with nothing but this song
& I watch the road out my window
Waiting for the day I dont imagine
That I see him walk by.
I wrote him letters
Sent them the past.
The chapter where we stood in silence
& didn't think about the words.
Because he's gone.
He left me with nothing but this song.
& I sit on my porch every night
Waiting for the moment
He comes back & sits with me.
He said to me dear,
We'll meet up when it's morning
til then its too dark to see.
I guess I live in a fog.
Because he's gone
Left me with nothing more than a song.
& I'm looking up at the sky each day
Waiting for the clouds to move on
Waiting for him to come home.