Monday, November 10, 2008

36 days guys, so get to it

I'd laugh, really I would
but I'm so god damn frustrated.

I love my musical.
It's my life, it really is.
Don't look at me in that, "your only a chorus member, whatever" kind of way.
Yes I'm only a company member. Yes, I'm not as talented as you.
But I promise, I know, I care twice as much, if not more, than this project than you.

You, and you, and you, and you.
4 Leads.
You know who I mean.

Because I would not get up and walk out of practise.
Or be so rude to the teacher.

You guys are leads.
You are examples.
So be good ones.
If you don't care, it transfers onto the entire cast
and I'll be damned if this musical sucks because of you.

And to the chorus,
maybe you don't see the urgancy like some of us do,
but we are 36days away from having this on a stage, in front of an audience.

I know you all are busy and feel swamped
but does it take so much effort to be quiet while we're being instructed, being taught, given directions?

Does it take so much to pull out your music once every few days and try to get it memorized, or bang some notes yourself?

Or to show up prepared for runs and costume parades, to go over your dance steps once a week on your own?

I don't mean to sound "holier than thou" here
But I'm so tired and frustrated that I just want to scream.
I did, today.
And cried over this.
Cried for the first time in months.

I have no intentions on mentioning this again.
I did my part. I talked privatly with some people, yelled at others in public, (regretably) and wrote this.

I love you all. I know you all have the best intentions and want what I want.
But now we need to make it happen.

As I said, I won't bring this up again. It's someone elses turn.
I gave it a try. Maybe the next person will be more succesful.

Lord. Where's Paul and Ali's inspirational speechs when we need them?

3 comments:

Time to Get Fuzzy said...

I honestly don't remember ever giving any inspiration speeches. When was this?

beverley said...

LOL, paul you gave many.

and yes, they should NOT have done that.

it's time to get tough.

erin meagan said...

of course you did, paul! Haha.

Janine, I think that you should make a speech.