Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tomorrow is too soon

If I told you I loved you tomorrow, do you think it'd be too late?
Because when you told me you loved me so long ago
I thought to myself
"No"

What a simple word to say.
"No"

But I can't say I'll love you tomorrow,
however i wish it were true.
I feel the need to lie to you tomorrow,
because I'm worried when I can,
it'll be too late.


And I cryed over this today
And I cryed over me
And how I have been.
Because I look around and say,
"Maybe it is too late for me to change how I've been"
And then I blink and finish
"It's not too late for me to change how I'll be"
Because I don't want regret to claw at me each day

When I watch each thing continue.
When I was little I had this thing,

I would just sit on the porch and look.
I would look and look.
And my mother would call it, watching the world go by.
And I feel like that today.